Saturday, August 9, 2008

Dance of the Dead (2008)


Dance of the Dead (2008)

Yesterday @ the Rant, I had the upcoming flick The Haunting of Molly Hartley which I compared to an updated Carrie. Today I thought I would cover my first upcoming DVD release which also happens to be compared to Carrie (at least according to the trailer): Dance of the Dead.


Being released this October by Lions Gate and Ghost House Underground, Dance of the Dead is a horror comedy on the lines of Shaun of the Dead and has been garnering great reviews from sites like http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/ and http://www.aintitcool.com/. The tag line is "It's their night to come alive" and it is described as "On the night of the big High-School Prom, the dead rise to eat the living, and the only people who can stop them are the losers who couldn't get dates to the dance." Wait a minute: horror/comedy, teens, prom, zombies -- hey, Night of the Creeps anyone?


Anyhoo, this looks to be a blast. I trust the reviews and reviewers I've read, so I'm on the lookout for this one.


The movie was directed by Gregg Bishop and written by Joe Ballarini. It stars Jared Kusnitz, Greyson Chadwick, Chandler Darby, Carissa Capobianco, Randy McDowell, Michael V. Mammoliti.

So here it is ... Dance of the Dead



No comments: