Saturday, August 2, 2008

Event Horizon (1997)

Event Horizon (1997)

This week I was listening to the 42nd episode of the HorrorEtc Podcast featuring SciFi Horror. Initially, I was thinking "I don't like SciFi Horror" prefering the supernatural to the spacebound fare. However, I found myself surprised on how many SciFi Horror films I really truly love: Alien (the entire series), The Thing, The Blob (both original and remake), and all the great giant bug films of the 50's. Oh man, give me Them! any day.

One movie they focused on was Event Horizon, a movie I have seen but dismissed. I don't remember this movie making any kind of impression on me. So in the spirit of things, I thought I would revisit it, beginning here with the trailer. So give the HorrorEtc podcast a try here: http://www.horroretc.com. In the meantime, I'm going to put Event Horizon on my TiVo search list and I will get back to you with a review once I get a chance to see it.

The movie was directed by Paul W. S. Anderson (Alien Vs Predator) and written by Phillip Eisner. The movie has an impressive case featuring Laurence Fishburne (A Nightmare on Elm St. 3: Dream Warriors), Sam Neill (Jurassic Park), Kathleen Quinlan (The Hills Have Eyes 2006), Joely Richardson and Jason Isaacs.

So here it is ... Event Horizon



No comments: